Job Title: Chief Accountant
Employer: Green Resources Tanzania
Duty Station: Iringa
Application Deadline: 13th Feb 2014
To ensure effective management and control of the centralized accounting function and to supervise the accountants on the day to day duties.
To ensure proper maintenance of accounting information and timely posting into accounting system (Accpac /ERP X3).
To ensure strict compliance to all statutory requirements,
To undertake analytical review of all accounting records in ERP X3 and prepare reconciliations.
To assume responsibility for cost control measures and to analyze cost variations.
Responsible for filing of periodical VAT and tax reports,
To advise the management on matters related to Accounting and Finance and to make sure that all the accounting practices are in accordance with IFRS, Authority
Qualifications and experiences:
• MBA/ MSc. in Accountancy / Finance. Must have CPA or ACCA certification
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar position from a reputable organization.
• Ready to work in an entrepreneurial environment, continued on-the-job learning and will enjoy working with a team of people from different educational and cultural backgrounds.
• Leading, managing and developing the team of accountants
• Ensure day-to-day accounting functions are maintained and improved, including accounting information, proper coding of accounting transactions and timely posting into our accounting system.
• Provide high-quality management monthly and annual financial reporting to the
• Managing Director and Group Finance Director. Ensure strict compliance to all statutory requirements and accounting practices are in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (I FRS).
• Undertake analytical reviews of all accounting records, auditing entries to ensure accuracy and controls.
• Effectively control of day-to-day accounting functions including stock control, recording and fixed assets register Identify and implement cost control measures
• Analyze the budgeted P&L versus actual and provide clear variance reports to Management along with proactive plans to prevent budget variances.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and resumes to:
Human Resources Manager,
Green Resources Tanzania,
P.O. BOX 108,