Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Employer: FAME Medical Health Center
Duty Station: Karatu
Application Deadline: 21st February 2014
FAME Medical is a Health Center located in Karatu, Tanzania, approximately 135 km northwest of Arusha. Operating under the Foundation for African Medicine & Education, a Non-Governmental Organization, we provide general medical care to our patients as well as mobile medical services to communities located in remote locations. In addition to our outpatient clinic and laboratory, we have a 12-bed inpatient facility and Operating Theatre. We are a not-for-profit/charitable organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs all aspects of laboratory work necessary to support our Clinical Team in the diagnostic process. This includes performing serological and chemical tests on blood and urine samples, performing blood counts, urine cell counts, and parasite counts using microscopy, and drawing blood from patients.
• Contributes actively to the development of laboratory capabilities and adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures and safety precautions for use in the laboratory
• Ensures that adequate quality assurance measures with respect to reagents, equipment and samples are observed.
• Performs clerical tasks, recording test results in an organized and timely manner.
• Must be holder of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized Institution
• Must have at least 1 year practical experience in a laboratory setting
• Must possess written and spoken fluency in English and Kiswahili language
• Must have strong work ethic
• Must be willing to learn and stay current in the field
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and work well as a member of a team
• Computer skills an added advantage
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the post, as well as a photocopy of their Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences. All applications should be emailed electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further inquiries, you may contact Anthony Marley, Laboratory Technologist/Manager at +255 755 436 786 or William Mhapa, HR Manager at +255 766 522 644