Monday, 17 February 2014
Jobs at EAC Secretariat - Senior Public Relations Officer
Job Title: Senior Public Relations Officer
Job REF: EAC/HR/2013/067
Employer: EAC Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the implementation of the EAC Communication policy and strategy.
• Draft EAC official and public statements such as Speeches, Press Releases, and Communiqués.
• Arrange media events and encounters, including press conferences, seminars, workshops, field trips and issue press releases, feature articles, information kits, photography.
• Arrange social and other functions, including commemorative events and organize public relations activities in connection with significant events and annual observances.
• Attend meetings and conferences to facilitate the development of comprehensive and dynamic public information/public of EAC.
• In liaison with the PIPRO, respond to public inquiries and media queries.
• Design and coordinate publicity campaigns and production of publicity materials.
• Participate in designing and coordinating outreach Programmes and activities arising thereof.
• Prepare Progress and Annual Reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Masters degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognised University.
• 8 years experience in experience in a similar or related position with substantial
• Knowledge of issues relating to regional integration.
Skills and Competencies:
• Communication skills,
• presentation skills,
• interruptive skills,
• analytical skills,
• customer care and computer skills,
• research skills,
• negotiation skills,
• writing skills,
• Oratory skills,
• public relations,
• Protocol and networking skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int;
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.