Job REF: EAC/HR/2013/063
Employer: EAC Planning and Infrastructure
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and facilitate the harmonization of civil aviation policies of the Partner States.
• Initiate and promote the adoption of a harmonized legal framework in civil aviation of the Partner States.
• Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of studies and recommendations in the East African Civil Aviation Safety Projects and Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
• Coordinate meetings of the Heads of Civil Aviation and Airport Authorities and follow up on recommendations.
• Liaise with international and regional organizations on civil aviation.
• Develop draft proposals for projects for funding in civil aviation sector.
• Develop draft Terms of Reference as appropriate for projects and programmes in the sub-sector.
• Participate in the identification of regional centres of excellence in civil aviation.
• Prepare progress and annual reports on the sub sector and follow up on implementation of Council and Summit decisions related to the Sector.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Masters Degree in Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Transport Economics or an equivalent qualification from a recognised University.
• 10 years of experience in civil aviation, with 5 years at a senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
• Strong aviation, engineering, communication, analytical, statistics, presentation, negotiation, networking, team-building and computer skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines is essential.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport
allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.