Job Title: Specialist in Obstetrics/Gynecology
Employer: Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 28th February 2014
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country.
CCBRT aims to improve the quality of life of people living with disabilities as well as their families and to enable them to achieve their legitimate potential.
Duties to Include:
• Assisting in the Orthopedic Clinic and surgery as required
• Responsible with pre and post-operative care of patients in the VVF Ward.
• Assisting in the orthopedic and eye wards as required
• Working in the outpatient clinic examining and treating patients
• Conducting minor surgeries within his / her capacity
• Participating in ward rounds examining patients, preparing operation lists and advising senior medical doctors on patients to be discharged
• Fulfilling emergency on call duties and conducting ward rounds at weekends as required
• Assisting senior AMOs and MMDs during surgeries
• Teaching Junior nurses and doctors
• Awareness raising outreach visits, screening patients on those visits and referring patients to CCBRT or any nearby facility which provides quality care.
Work Experience / Skills:
• Minimum of 3 years working experience and has undergone relevant training
• Advanced diploma/diploma in clinical medicine or equivalent from a reputable Medical Institution
• Registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika
We are an equal opportunities employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of Application or curriculum vitae with two references and maximum one page cover letter on why you believe you are the right candidate for this position. Please send it via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543,
+255 (0) 22 260 2192, Fax: +255 (0) 22 260 1544. Website: www.ccbrt.or.tz, www.baobabhospital.or.tz
Closing date for Applications: 28th February 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted