Job Title: Engineer – IP Transit & VPN Operations
Employer: Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited
Duty Station: Dar-es-salaam
Application Deadline: 27th February 2014
To ensure a world class operation, administration and maintenance of core Next Generation Network (NGN) systems including commission IP Transit and MPLS VPN solutions and Data Network systems to achieve set performance targets.
• Design, implement, test and commission IP Transit and MPLS VPN solutions in cooperation with other network operation teams and customers.
• In collaboration with commercial teams, validate the work orders and requirements from IP Transit or VPN Customers.
• Manage customer networks and services and resolve problems within SLA timeframes.
• Pro-actively, escalate and follow ups, with appropriate departments in order to resolve technical issues which may impact and or lead to timely delivery of quality of services.
• Frequently, perform routine and preventive maintenance on IP/MPLS transport core systems in accordance with engineering instructions, standards and schedules as may be directed by appropriate authorities.
• Collect proper IP/MPLS transport core systems information, analyze, prepare and submit network performance reports as may be required.
• Perform network installation, integration, upgrades or expansions as may be directed by appropriate authorities.
• Effectively support field engineers and technicians on operation and maintenance activities.
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by Management including other parties at IP NOC.
• Degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, Electrical or equivalent technical qualifications & CCNA or HCDA Certificate will be added advantage.
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience on IP Transit & VPN Operations including Data systems and services.
• Skills and knowledge in IP/MPLS data communication networks, Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS) and WAN Interfaces and technologies.
• Knowledge of broadband access technologies and networks (XDSL, Fiber and Wireless broadband), Huawei or Cisco network devices and Network Management Systems
• Effective time management and must be able to handle the pressure of work.
• Ability to work on shift, irregular hours and/or overtime.
How to Apply :
Please Apply Online Here