Tuesday, 4 February 2014
Internal Auditor Jobs at Tanzania Coffee Board
Job Title: Internal Auditor – RE ADVERTISED
Employer: Tanzania Coffee Board
Duty Station: Sota Sub-Station – Rorya, Mara
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the Director General on audit issues
- Ensure that the Board complies with sound internal audit principles and best practices
- Carries out continuous review of financial and accounting systems in operation in the Board and ensure they are adequate, effective and conform to the provision of the government financial regulations and accounting procedures
- Performs Audit of Board’s Accounts
- Audit invoices and local purchase orders
- Carryout special assignment for sample investigation
- Reports on time any suspected occurrences of dishonesty to the Director General
- Advises on changes needing update or otherwise change of financial manuals, financial policies, regulations and procedures
- Evaluate internal controls to ensure the accounting systems provide adequate, timely and accurate information to protect against losses caused by negligence, dishonesty or otherwise
- Verifies Board incomes and proper banking of the same and satisfies that expenditure is properly incurred according to approved policy and financial regulations
- Prepare monthly quarterly and annual audit progress reports
- Conduct checks and investigates all books of accounts
- Liaise with external auditors
- Review budget control system of the Board
- Issue periodic reports on a timely basis summarizing the audit functions to the
- Director General
- Performs other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Director General
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Masters Degree either in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration,
- Economics, Management or its equivalent.
- Possession of Professional Accounting Certification i.e. CPA (T) or ACCA or
- CIMA is essential,
- Registered by NBAA as associate member,
- At least 10 years working experience 3 years of which must be at Senior Managerial level.
- Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary Scale
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.