Job Title: General Trade Manager(Job Number: 13000PZX)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 28th February 2014
Main Purpose of the Job
Management of distributors with respect to overall operations, infrastructure, processes, people capability in the assigned region. Lead the execution and implementation of outstanding Brand POP vision at the POP
• Assessment of infrastructure requirement wrt size, business potential, capital and infrastructure requirement.
• Manage KD profitability and ROI.
• Selection of distributors - assessment of capability, skill/experience, attitude etc
• Setting up KD's in the country. Including the commercial processes
• Preparing the infrastructure blue –print for a distributor
• Outlet mapping, channel segmentation, beat planning
• Establishing KD operations: sales planning, fixing and monitoring of sales targets and key performance metrics and channel plans
• Setting up the Field Management infrastructure - outlet selection by channels, channel management plans
• Putting in place the FM organisation - (1) recruitment (2) training and capability building (3) key metrics for measurement
• Understanding the Brand POP Vision by channels and develop channel/outlet based implementation plans.
• Understanding the Channel Plans and develop implementation plans.
• Implementation of Pop Vision and Channel plans - develop key metrics to monitor implementation and final desired output
• Use of IT - for evaluating performance against action std. (optional at this stage)
• Performance review - against action standards. Network and take actions where inputs are required from the DSR's wrt width and depth of availability, assortment and shelving
• Understanding competitive context and activity and give market feed-back to the CM group.
• Degree in relevant field or higher
• Minimum 2 to 3 years relevant territory management experience
• 2 to 3 years CM Ops experience is ideal
• Customer Facing experience combined with Brand Building experience is idea
Two to three years CD Ops experience is an advantage
How to Apply:
Please Apply online