Employer: Zainab Bottlers Ltd
Duty Station: Zanzibar
Application Deadline: 06th March 2014
• Achieve required physical and financial performance targets for production and sales
• Maintain up-to-date operational procedures and administer daily operations
• Report the factory’s performances regularly and accurately, together with other matters of importance, to the Managing Director in whatever form he may require.
• Develop good working relationships with the other heads of departments and with all other staff in the Company.
• Maintain up-to-date Health & Safety procedures for the site and all its activities and ensure that these procedures are adhered to.
• Promote a team working environment and encourage all employees to engage in the running of the site and its operations.
• -Exercise clear and fair disciplinary action when such action is necessary, complying with Company policy and relevant legislation.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend investments in technology, capital, equipment, systems, or other assets that will enhance the plant’s production capabilities.
• Responsible for meeting established operating budgets; monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and achieve volume, quality, and manufacturing standards.
• Maintain a customer-focused approach, handle any customer concerns or complaints in a courteous and considerate manner and advise the sales department immediately of any customer issues relating to the site.
• Establish open and cordial relationships with suppliers and contractors and negotiate cost-effective supply arrangements with suppliers and contractors, subject to any arrangements negotiated centrally by the Company.
• Review monthly financial results and take any necessary steps to limit deficiencies.
• Undertake any development initiatives as and when required by the Managing Director.
Skills and Specifications
• Bachelor's degree/ Masters in Business management, Engineering, or equivalent
• The successful candidate will have at least 7 years' senior operations experience ideally manufacturing soft drinks products.
• He or she must have exceptional technical knowledge and experience of lean management, knowledge of production machinery and techniques.
• The successful candidate will have a proven record of continuous improvement and change management as well as developing and coaching a high performing team.
• He or she will be a mature, independent and highly motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude along with excellent communication and organization skills.
• The General Manager must be confident, success driven with excellent spoken and written English skill.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV and photocopies of academic certificates through firstname.lastname@example.org