Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Duty Station: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
• To contribute to the development and co-ordination of the delivery of agreed fundraising programmes to achieve program sustainabllity of social and health care services
• Formulate a strategic plan for fundraising activities and programmes Identify and cultivate prospective donors.
• Plan and implement approaches including organizing and attending meetings with prospective donors as necessary. Identify application opportunities to appropriate funding bodies and individual donors.
• Maintain database 'that can operate as an effective management tool.
• Participate in regular solicitation, planning meetings and provide appropriate information f r the meetings.
• Coordinate fundraising projects and campaigns as directed by the Executive Director.
• To support the development, implication and evaluation of PASADA campaigns
• Conduct research and developing proposals for fund raising projects and campaigns
• To coordinate the research and preparation of event briefing documents for development and communication events
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with all relevant individuals and donors
• A University graduate who has majored in business management, and or marketing. Fund raising experience would be an added advantage
• Degree in Business Management, Project Management, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Business law, or a related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in fund raising, business management, or public relations work
• Ability to work with people from different ethnic, religious and other backgrounds and persuasions
• Must be computer literate and very fluent in English both written and spoken
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
Our Center is typically closed in the evenings, on weekends, and public holidays.
How to Apply:
All applications letters with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact to:
The contact address is;
The executive Director
P.O. BOX 70225
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.