Monday, 17 February 2014
Finance Director Job at EAC Secretariat in Tanzania
Job Title: Director Finance
Job REF: EAC/HR/2013/058
Employer: EAC Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize, direct and control the financial management functions of the Community.
• Make proposals for policies and formulation of procedures and strategies for financial administration.
• Responsible for the interpretation and application of Financial Rules and Regulations.
• Initiate review of Financial Rules and Regulations of the Community.
• Oversee the day to day management of the finances of the Community expenditures to maximise benefits of available financial resources.
• Provide advice on financial management to Management and other Staff.
• Guide on utilization of funds to ensure optimal utilization of finances.
• Monitor the budget implementation and its performance with operating plans and standards.
• Advise management on the status and use of monthly and annual accounts.
• Guide budget reviews, preparation and discussions.
• Maintain proper records and monthly and quarterly reports.
• Co-ordinate and finalise responses to auditors’ observations.
• Establish and maintain automated financial and payroll systems.
• Forecast cash requirements/obligations as a basis of maintaining adequate funds.
• Ensure compliance to the Rules and Regulations governing accountability for Donor funds.
• Monitor and enforce compliance to set rules, regulations and practices.
• Prepare progress and annual reports and coordinate implementation of Council decisions related to financial management; and
• Provide technical guidance to Professional staff in the Directorate.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Masters Degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Commerce or MBA (Finance and Accounting).
• Possess professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or other professional qualification from a recognised Institution.
• 15 years relevant experience with at least (8) years at senior management level in a large Organization.
• Experience in working with similar organisations or institutions will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
• Analytical skills, administrative skills, organization skills, communication skills, decisionmaking skills, result oriented, computer skills with a working knowledge of Accounting packages such as the Sun Accounting System;
• Team building skills, supervisory skills, planning skills, negotiation skills, networking skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail be results oriented and to work independently in a diverse, highly challenging environment is essential.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport
allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.