Thursday, 27 February 2014
Director of Human Resource and Administration Jobs at University of Dar es Salaam
Job Title: Director of Human Resource and Administration
Employer: University of Dar es Salaam
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2014
Qualifications and Experience:
• Possession of Masters Degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration Business Administration, Law or any other relevant field with a minimum of ten year: of working experience, five years of which must be at high managerial position in i reputable Institution.
• The applicant must be computer literate and should not be more than fifty (50) years of age.
• Responsible to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration) for all matters related t human resource management and administration of the University.
• Heads the Directorate of Human Resource and Administration.
• Provides professional advice to the University Management on all matters concerning strategic Human Resource Management
• Develops and administers periodic performance and salary reviews.
• Organizes and directs staff compensation development and staff relations in accordance with the approved policies.
• Develops and implements programmes and methods to document the University's human resource and administration policies and informs employees accordingly.
• Maintains staff discipline and ensures that justice is done.
• Oversees the administration of schemes of service, compensations and staff benefit schemes.
• Prepares annual personnel emoluments budget proposals for the University for approval by relevant University organs.
• Coordinates the performance appraisal systems for University staff.
• Develops effective HRM policies, plans and procedures for hiring, training, de-ployment, development, succession and retention of staff.
• Carries out regular human resources audit and inventory of current and needed skills.
• Develops comprehensive human resources management manual.
• Performs any other duties as may be directed by the Management.
How to Apply:
Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience in accordance with Government circulars and directives
Terms of Service:
Permanent and pensionable except for the position of Director of Human Resource and Administration.
NB: The appointment of Director of Human Resource and Administration is for an initial period of three years and is renewable based on performance following successful completion of a one year probation period.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the undersigned enclosing Detailed CV.
Photocopy of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Names and addresses of two referees
Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc
Applicants currently employed in the public service should channel their application letters through their respective employers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. .
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the; Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 3S091
Dar Es Salaam.