Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Employer: Cashew nut Board of Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 6th Feb 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the Director General on matters pertaining to Planning, administration of Finance, Human and physical resources of the Board;
- Develop and sustain a Sound Accounting, Management and Financial Information System and Policy.
- Manage Tax affairs of the Board so as to ensure that all Taxes are paid on time to avoid penalties.
- Prepare periodic financial analysis and manage the Working Capital of the Board to ensure that the Board does not run into financial difficulties.
- Plan for long term financial requirements of the Board and identify potential sources of finance.
- Ensure that Final Accounts of the Board is prepared and submitted to the
- External Auditors for audit through managing audit process and coordination of annual audit.
- Make close liaison with the Government, Financial institutions and others (NGOs,
- Donor Community) to win their support in financing programs of the Board through utilizing available opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of the annual budget of the Board;
- Direct and supervise the preparation of periodical financial reports and ensures that they are submitted to the appropriate authorities as per regulations;
- Enhance efficient use of the Board’s revenue for the purchase and provision of services and supplies;
- Make follow up the availability of funds from respective organs and managing expenditure budget for the Board and for each department;
- Enhance timely auditing of the Boards’ financial statements;
- Formulate and interpret policy matters related to workers social services, manpower development, wages and salaries, benefits and other employees’ staff welfare;
- Establish human resources and skills needed at all levels of departments/sections;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Accountancy option will have an added advantage.
- Must Possess of CPA (T), ACCA; ACA or its equivalent
- Should be registered with NBAA as authorized Accountant/Auditor
- Should have at least 11 years working experience, 5 of which must be in senior managerial position from a reputable Organization
- High probity and integrity
- Vision proactive
- Managerial and organizational skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Customer focus
- Knowledge of the Code of Ethics and conduct of the public service
- Computer literate
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent and Pensionable
- Attractive and Negotiable
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.