Job Title: Court Recorder/Transcriber
Job Ref: EAC/HR/2013/072
Employer: East African Court of Justice
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the Court recording system.
• Assemble equipment required for collecting information.
• Record verbatim proceedings during court proceedings.
• Transcribe court proceedings.
• Obtain all sources of references to ensure accurate reporting.
• Type-set Court proceedings.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Degree in Law/Journalism/Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized University with not less than five (5) years of experience in Court reporting/recording.
Skills and Competencies:
• Communication skills,
• Public relations skills,
• Observation skills,
• Research skills,
• Investigative skills,
• Listening skills,
• Sound knowledge of computer applications,
• Good knowledge of Court/Judicial procedures,
• Practice and operations and a good command of the English Language.
Terms and Conditions of Service
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int;
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.