Job REF: EAC/HR/2013/071
Employer: East African Court of Justice
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise Court support personnel.
• Manage and ensure maintenance of Court facilities including repairs.
• Take periodic inventories of Court property.
• Manage purchases of supplies for the Court.
• Under the supervision of the Deputy Registrar, organize Court Calendars and Schedules.
• Make arrangements for Judges’ travel itineraries.
• Liaise with the Registrar and other relevant Officers to make Court budget. 2
• Liaise with the Secretariat’s information Technology Officer on the smooth operation of the Court equipment.
• Under the guidance of the Deputy Registrar, identify staff training needs and manage training Programmes.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Masters degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
• 8 years experience in administration of a Court/Legal entity with 3 years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
• Analytical skills,
• Communication skills,
• Presentation skills,
• Research skills,
• procurement skills,
• project proposal writing,
• Resource mobilization,
• Negotiation, monitoring and evaluation,
• Staff supervision,
• Performance appraisal,
• Computer skills,
• Planning and budgeting skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int;
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.