Job Title: Clerk Assistant
Job Ref: EAC/HR/2013/078
Employer: East African Legislative Assembly
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Main Purpose of the Job:
1. To facilitate Committee work and Plenary Sessions of the Assembly
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as Secretary to Committees of the Assembly.
• Assist in preparation and processing of Order Papers, Votes and Proceedings,
• Motions, Petitions and Questions.
• Serve as Clerk - At – Table.
• Draft amendments to Bills.
• Provide advice to Speaker and Members on legislative procedures;
• Carry out procedural research;
• In liaison with the Research Officers, conduct relevant research and studies for committees; and
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelors Degree in Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
• 5 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar position. Specialized training in Parliamentary procedures and
• Knowledge of operations of a regional Parliament will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
• Good knowledge of parliamentary procedures, administrative skills, drafting skills,
• analytical skills, research skills, interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, networking skills,
• public relations, diplomacy, computer skills, report writing skills and computer skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
Performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport
Allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int;
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier
service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and
professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and
day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet