Job Title: Cataloguer -(2)
Employer: African Barrick Gold
Duty Station: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine; Kahama District; Shinyanga Region
Application Deadline: 14th February 2014
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:-
Functions of the Regional Cataloguer may include, but not limited to the following:
• Catalogue approved requests for new items into site and/or the regional catalogue(s) in line with the ABG Data standard and the level of critical analysis required to maintain consistency of data and minimize duplications.
• Ensure accurate inventory codification of items, and review and reclassify items as required.
• Analyze and research existing item data for the item record improvement, and elimination of duplications when appropriate
• Perform catalogue research for data with ABG suppliers to ensure correct part numbers and product specifications are included in item descriptions and the maintenance thereof.
• Liaise with all stake holders in the review of uncatalogued items to identify catalogued lines and provide advice on items which usage history indicates should be catalogued
• Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers in gathering item data and specifications
• Work with Mine site personnel to identify Criticality and Classification of Inventory Advise Mine site personnel on processes or procedures linked to the catalogue function, when appropriate
• Provide weekly reports other cataloguing work reports as required.
• Advise the Inventory team on trends or patterns in items catalogued, to identify types of items or activities taking place that may require specific strategies or planning to support Liaise with Inventory Analysts to ensure current and correct classification
• Analyze data using the Pronto / Qlikview Business Information tool and correct data gaps in the ERP system of ABG which is Pronto
• Perform cataloguing functions such as rationalization, classification, data enrichment, and datastandardization on all ABG inventory in cooperation with the ABG commodity team.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:-
Professional and/or technical qualification, preferably Degree/Diploma in Materials Management. Certificate in warehouse or Materials Management would be preferable. Experience Requirements: Recent experience in a cataloguing position, mining environment preferred but not essential. Knowledge of supply chain concepts and processes. Working knowledge on Pronto or any ERP would be an advantage Very good working knowledge of UNSPSC, ECCMA and eOTD
How to Apply
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org