Thursday, 27 February 2014
Careers at University of Dar es Salaam - Security Guard
Job title: Security Guard II (2 POSTS)
Employer: University of Dar es Salaam
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2014
Qualifications and Experience:
• Form IV certificate with passes in English Kiswahili, History or Civics plus Nation; Service Training and/or People's Militia Training Phase II and/or any other form c military training. The candidate must b vetted by the Police.
• This is a training grade for regular security work under close supervision.
• Assists in the daily routine patrols around the campus so as to maintain peace and order.
• To guard the property of the University.
• Performs any other duties assigned from time to time by one's reporting officer.
How to Apply:
Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience in accordance with Government circulars and directives
Terms of Service:
Permanent and pensionable except for the position of Director of Human Resource and Administration.
NB: The appointment of Director of Human Resource and Administration is for an initial period of three years and is renewable based on performance following successful completion of a one year probation period.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the undersigned enclosing Detailed CV.
Photocopy of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Names and addresses of two referees
Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc
Applicants currently employed in the public service should channel their application letters through their respective employers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. .
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the; Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 3S091
Dar Es Salaam.