Job Title: Drivers
Duty Station: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner; Maintains defensive driving;
• Provides a communication link between clients and staff,
• Assists passengers, including handicapped, in and out of the vehicle; operates ramps, lifts and securement devices as needed;
• Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for staff, and reads and interprets road signs; Presents safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure;
• Keeps the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
• Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management;
• Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required; Fuels the assigned vehicle(s);
• Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions;
• Acceptable Experience and Training:
• Must have completed Secondary School and know how to read, write and count; must be a minimum of 25 years of age, and possess and maintain a safe and clean driving record of at least two years.
• Certificates and Licenses Required:
• Must posses a valid Tanzanian driver's license Class C. Those with Trade test or motor mechanics training will have an advantage.
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
Our Center is typically closed in the evenings, on weekends, and public holidays.
How to Apply:
All applications letters with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact to:
The contact address is;
The executive Director
P.O. BOX 70225
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.