Job Title: Nurse Manager, Cardiology
Employer: Aga Khan Hospital
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th February 2014
REF # NMC001
This is a management nursing position with responsibility for quality in all aspects of patient care delivery, capital and operational budgets, and efficient utilization of available resources in the Cardiology unit. The incumbent also participates in the strategic planning process for Nursing division and Cardiac sciences department.
• Leads the Cardiology team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual unit goals and objectives in accordance with program/nursing division and strategic objectives.
• Develops and maintains a highly skilled, clinically competent nursing team
• Takes lead in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of patient care in Cardiology unit.
• Provides effective supervision of the nursing staff, and utilizes learning opportunities to ensure their development
• Responsible for recruitment, selection and training of the nursing team to ensure safe and quality patient care.
• Conducts performance reviews of the nursing staff and makes action plan for continued individual growth
• Ensures adequate staffing and skill mix to provide coverage for best quality care in the unit
• Develops and implements nursing retention strategies to reduce turn-over of nursing staff
• Develops collaborative ways of working that link all contributors in the multidisciplinary team in patient care issues.
• Fosters pleasant working environment through motivational leadership style to enhance job satisfaction among staff in assigned unit.
• Prepares monthly and annual reports in accordance with set goals and objectives of the multidisciplinary team, and communicates progress to the team
• Contributes to the budget process and ensures cost effective utilization of resources.
• Puts in place measures to control unit costs, stocks and bad debts
• Actively participates in Nursing Division activities such as development of nursing policies, procedures and quality indicators
• Continuously initiates innovative and evidence based strategies to improve patient care
• Leads in development of a culture of safe practice in collaboration with clinical teams, and actively participates in multidisciplinary clinical rounds.
• Together with lead Cardiologist leads the team in evaluation of care and outcomes through Mortality and Morbidity discussions, clinical incidence trends and clinical indicators .
• Participates in establishment of standards of care with unit staff, and monitors delivery of care according to established standards.
• In collaboration with the Clinical Practice Educator, fosters development of nurses to maximum potential through providing educational/training opportunities and exposure to appropriate learning forums. Academic
Qualifications and Experience:
• Current registration with the Nursing Council ofTanzania Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN) from a credible school of nursing
• Valid practice license issued by the Nursing Council of Tanzania Proficient in basic computer skills Training in Critical Care or Cardiology will be an added advantage
• Must have minimum 6 years continuous clinical experience in a Cardiac or Critical Care Unit of an acute care hospital. ,
How to Apply:
Send application letter with detailed curriculum vitae & certified testimonials; mark reference number on envelope or email. By email (preferred) by mail or delivered:
Aga Khan Hospital
Human Resource Department
P O BOX 2289
Dar es salaam,