Wednesday, 26 February 2014
Broadband Operations Engineer Job at Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited
Job title: Engineer – Broadband Operations
Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited
Duty Station: Dar-es-salaam
Application Deadline: 27th February 2014
To ensure world class operation, administration and maintenance of core Next Generation Network (NGN) systems including improvement on Broadband network operations and provide support IP NOC performance.
Closing Date: Thursday, February 27, 2014
Reports To:- Engineering Supervisor – Broadband Operations
• Design, implement, test and commission broadband network solutions in cooperation with other network operation teams and customers.
• In collaborations with commercial teams, validate work orders and requirements for broadband customers.
• Manage customer networks and services to meet quality standards and resolve problems within SLA timeframes.
• Pro-actively, escalate and follow ups, with appropriate departments in order to resolve technical issues which may impact and or lead to timely delivery of quality of services.
• Frequently, perform routine and preventive maintenance on Broadband Systems in accordance with engineering instructions, standards and schedules as may be directed by appropriate authorities.
• Collect proper network performance information, analyze, prepare and submit network performance reports as may be required.
• Perform network installation, integration, upgrades and or expansions as may be directed by appropriate authorities.
• Provide strong support to IP field engineers and technicians in order to achieve effective operation and maintenance activities.
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by Management including other parties at IP NOC
• Degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, Electrical or equivalent technical qualifications & CCNA or HCDA Certificate.
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience on Data communication networks and services.
• Good knowledge of IP/MPLS data communication networks, Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS and WAN Interfaces and technologies
• Good knowledge of broadband access technologies and networks (xDSL, Fiber and Wireless broadband), Huawei or Cisco network devices and Network Management Systems.
• Ability to work on shift, irregular hours and/or overtime.
• Effective time management and must be able to handle the pressure of work.
How to Apply :
Please Apply Online Here