Job Title: Associate Fellow Industrial & Electrical Engineer (Solar Energy)
Employer: Off. Grid: Electric
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2014
• New Product Introduction: Work with product design team to conduct field trials and in country lab trials for new system components and accessories. Develop data collection documents, test procedures and conduct analysis. Provide performance and customer feedback to design team.
• Develop standard testing and repair procedures for national and regional service workshops.
• Work with local staff, training on Standard Operating Procedures for service workshops, including safety, environmental and technical procedures.
• Learn and provide training on system installation and field troubleshooting to new technicians and trainers.
• Troubleshoot new system issues as they arise, providing data and feedback to design and manufacturing teams.
• Champion continuous feedback loops from the field to R&D teams.
• Work independently, proactively communicating to supervisors and colleagues.
• Be a representative for management in promoting accountability, self-reliance and a fun positive and collaborative work environment. This is a key factor in a fellows’ success.
• Contribute to new product development through assigned research and analysis.
Note: Core responsibilities will vary for each Fellow to account for the unique skills and experience that each team member brings, as well as their specific interests and career goals. A portion of each Fellow’s time will be spent on a project that the Fellow identifies and co-design with Off.Grid:Electric leadership.
Required Skills & Experiences:
• Commitment to live and work in
Africa for 12-24 months.
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field with a record of strong academic performance.
• One year of post-undergraduate, full time work experience or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
• A demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship, including the ability to flourish in dynamic, ambiguous environments and to drive work independently.
• Leadership and project management experience.
• Experience in working in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to build effective teams, coach and develop others.
• Quantitative and qualitative skillsets.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Highly Desired Skills & Experiences:
• Prior work experience outside of the
US, preferably in East
Africa, or other emerging markets.
• Work experience as an employee at a company that has rapidly grown in headcount and number of locations.
• Experience with electronics hardware design, consumer appliances and/or solar system design and manufacturing.
• Business level competency in Swahili.
• Education and/or work experience in renewable energy.
• Experience in production manufacturing.
How to Apply:
TO APPLY FILL OUT THE BELOW FORM