Job Title: Assistant Lecturer (PUTS 3) - OUT2014/04
Employer: The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th February 2013
Possession of a good Master’s Degree (B+ or above, GPA 3.8 - 3.6) in the relevant discipline or equivalent with a GPA of 3.8 and above at undergraduate level.
As for Tutorial Assistant plus:
- Prepare new study materials, scripts for radio broadcast, video and audio cassettes, various reports and papers,
- Adopt and/or supplement existing materials,
- Liaise with course writers, editors, reviewers, producers, artists, coordinators and other members of the course team,
- Revise course materials and audio programmes,
- Conduct public lecture, tutor and lead academic discussions,
- Set and mark course assignments and/or tests, examinations supervise field work, practicals and all other related academic activities,
- Encourage and motivate students to improve academic performance,
- Identify and set up local study groups,
- Conduct research and disseminate research findings.
NB. Age limit: Not above 45 years.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Number and Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
• Applications should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of three referees
• The applicants should be willing to work in any of the regions in Tanzania Mainland’s and Zanzibar, as specified in the vacancy list above. No change of work station is possible after being appointed.
• All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letter through their respective employers.
• All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
For Academic Posts, interested applicants should submit the applications to the undersigned;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)
Open University of Tanzania
Kawaka Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759