Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employer: International Development NGO
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 19th Feb 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support and ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the assigned office.
• Assists with development/maintenance of systems to ensure the effective delivery of services.
• Responds to incoming phone calls and forwards more complex enquiries or complaints to the relevant person.
• Receives visitors to the office with a high standard of courtesy and hospitality. Ensures that visitors and staff are treated equitably and with sensitivity and respect.
• Manages correspondence and prepares PowerPoint and other presentations as required.
• Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Assists with the organization of meetings/events on and off site as directed which may include the setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes, and preparation of papers for distribution.
• Assists with procurement of goods/services; administers maintenance agreements as directed.
• Maintains strict confidentiality about program activities and staff.
• Ensures all required records are kept up to date and in line with organizational and donor requirements.
• Collates information from the team and prepares it for reporting and evaluations.
• Assists in maintaining databases.
• Undertakes any other relevant activities and performs any other tasks as assigned.
• Secondary school graduation required. Secretarial or administrative assistant diploma preferred.
• Minimum two years of related experience. Experience working with an international company preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated high level of computer literacy and ability to adapt to new software quickly. Advanced computer-related skills including the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Demonstrated experience as an “office all-rounder” and in developing and maintaining office systems.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including experience in minute-taking and drafting general correspondence.
• Excellent organizational skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable and incorporate change within the working environment.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili, written and oral.
• Courteous and professional manner. Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude at all times.
• Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Proven ability to use sound and accurate judgment to resolve problems.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
How to apply
All interested candidates who meet the criteria should submit their application letter and current CV through post P.O Box 1275 Morogoro or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.