Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Employer: Express Chartering and Shipping Ltd
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 9th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bank reconciliation & banking
• Reconcile balance sheet and profit and loss accounts on monthly basis.
• Book and reconcile the payroll and comply to all the local schedules and filing (TIN PAYE, NHIF, SDL, etc)
• Comply with the local and statutory requirement (VAT, Corporate tax
• Customer statement circulations
• Accounts receivable follow up and collection.
• Voyage statement updates
• Any other duty assigned by your Supervisor.
• Bachelor of commerce or Accounting major an added advantage
• At least 2 years working experience in a busy accounting environment in a shipping or C&F company.
• Proficient in all computer application packages.
• Hands on experience with computerized accounting applications such as QuickBooks and Pastel systems (ERP).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• High degree of integrity.
• Should be easily integrated into the company and department.
• Can work under minimal supervision and pressure to meet strict deadline.
1) Be knowledgeable and proficient in the use of all Ms Office applications.
2) ERP/Pastel proficiency and knowledge highly recommended.
3) Able to write, read and fluently speak in English and Kiswahili.
4) Able to start work as soon as possible.
The employee is expected to be a very analytical person with the ability to forecast any unforeseen risks and recommending remedies where possible. He/she is to be a team player, fast learner, grasps concepts easily and ability to integrate company goals and objectives with ease and implementation.
Remuneration & benefits
Applicants are requested to apply indicating current package (attach pay slip as proof) and expected remuneration. The company offers various attractive benefits including
medical, smartphone and airtime.
How to Apply:
All applications to be sent through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to
The HR & Administration Manager. Attach the following documents; application letter, CV and motivation statement.
For more information, log on to www.esl-eastafrica.com