Job Title: Accountant (CPA)
Employer: Sega Girls Secondary School
Duty Station: Morogoro ,Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2014
• Develops/adapts existing financial system to ensure smooth, transparent and accountable financial management at the Sega School as per Tanzanian financial regulations; and maintains financial security through following internal controls
• Assists in preparation of annual budget
• Approves all financial transactions verifying they are catered for in the budget, prior to sending to the Headmistress or Director for authorization
• Keeps all financial information confidential
• Reviews all staff contracts, ensuring compliance with national labor and tax laws and approves Data Entry and Tracking
• Enters all financial data (income and expenses, assets, liabilities, cash account and advances) into Quickbooks regularly, and has clear system for linking quickbooks entries with paper trail (receipts, etc.) for effective auditing
• Reconciles quickbooks with bank statement each month, ensuring accrued expenses (gratuity and health allowance) are treated as an expense
• Maintains petty cash of 300,000/=
• Keeps adequate copies of all necessary financial forms on-hand at all times to facilitate smooth functioning; and orients and ensures compliance among staff. Payments and Deposits
• Pays all bills, including staff salaries, on a timely basis, and as per contractual arrangements, ensuring positive external image of the organization
• Acquires receipts for all payments disbursed
• Assists in setting salary scale as part of budgeting process. Sets payroll formulas at beginning of year, ensuring adherence to NSSF, PAYE and other benefit and tax laws, and verifies payroll for accuracy each month submitted by Administrator, before paying staff
• Ensures all staff receives a salary slip detailing the salary they have received, and they sign for their salary
• Receives any cash from parents, customers etc. and deposits immediately into the bank, maintaining records of all cash received and outstanding payments Reporting
• Produces monthly and quarterly report as per budget, and assists the Headmistress to monitor the school expenses to ensure staying within budget; Produces all donor reports against line items in donor budgets
• CPA and 5 years experience working for multi donor programs.
• Experience with Quickbooks preferred.
• Knowledge of Tanzanian labor, taxation, and other pertinent laws essential.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and cover letter to: nurturing email@example.com