Job Title: Secretary II - 5 Posts
Employer: University of Dar es Salaam
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2014
Qualifications and Experience:
• Form IV certificate with credit passes in Kiswahili and English or Form VI with principal passes in English and Kiswahili.
• must have Certificate in full Secretarial Course plus 100/120 w.p.m. shorthand English or Kiswahili and SO w.p.m. typing tabulation and manuscript stage III, secretarial duties and office procedure sta; II and has completed Advanced Computer Course from a recognized institution.
• At least four (4) years relevant working experience serving in a similar position.
• Types all general correspondence ar non-confidential matters
• Type’s letters, minutes, notices, bulletin circulars, certificates and charts.
• Prints reports, letters etc.
• Takes proper care of all machines und his/her charge and makes sure they a used for official work only.
• Files copies of typed letters in relevant files
• Receives and directs visitors.
• Attends telephone calls and takes me sages.
• Makes sure there are all necessary facilities for proper job performance.
• Takes dictation by shorthand
• Performs any other' duties assigned one's reporting officer.
How to Apply:
Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience in accordance with Government circulars and directives
Terms of Service:
Permanent and pensionable except for the position of Director of Human Resource and Administration.
NB: The appointment of Director of Human Resource and Administration is for an initial period of three years and is renewable based on performance following successful completion of a one year probation period.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the undersigned enclosing Detailed CV.
Photocopy of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Names and addresses of two referees
Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc
Applicants currently employed in the public service should channel their application letters through their respective employers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. .
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the; Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 3S091
Dar Es Salaam.