Wednesday, 19 February 2014
4 Principal Procurement Officers Jobs at TANESCO
Job Title: Principal Procurement Officers - 4 Posts
Job Ref. 04
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2014
• Liaise with user Department(s) to ensure improved procurement operations, reduce turnaround time, streamline work process and work competitively and jointly to ensure quality service to customers and stake holders.
• Identify appropriate tender documents/request for proposals to ensure correct application of standard version issued by Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) (for local funding) and/or donor agencies (in case of donor funding).
• Assist the Manager Procurement in attending Tender Board Meetings and ensure that there is correct documentation of the proceedings.
• Administer timely preparation of specific and general procurement notices for public advertisement to ensure equal opportunities to all eligible bidders to compete in providing goods, services or executing works.
• Initiate timely preparation and submission of response to requested clarifications to ensure that bidders are consistently and sufficiently informed for preparation of responsive bids within bidding period.
• Recommends names of tender evaluation committee members to ensure evaluation reports for Head office tenders are timely prepared, reviewed and submitted for the Tender Board adjudication.
• Ensures that all approvals that are channeled through Circular resolutions are appropriately done and obtain approval from Tender Board Members timely as intended.
• Implements Tender Board decisions including preparation of notifications, clarifications to bidders and acceptance letters to suppliers, consultants or contractors.
• Overseas daily postings of all tender transactions to the Procurement computer system (TAProS) and PMIS and that all staff abides to these requirements.
• Prepares all pertinent reports related to the unit undertaking on Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly basis and that the same are submitted timely.
• Supervises all activities in the unit by ensuring that staff works within the agreed targets, and that any deviations to the set targets will not be tolerated.
• Bachelor’s Degree of Procurement and Materials Management from recognized Higher Institutions. Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Certified Supplies Profession of the Procurement and Supplies Professional & Technician Board (PSPTB).
• A minimum of 3 years of experience.
A competitive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted.
Advert for this post can also be retrieved at: www.tanesco.co.tz; all electronic applications must be forwarded to the email indicated at the bottom.
Phone calls soliciting for this position by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applying for the mentioned jobs should quote reference numbers indicated against each post and should be submitted to the address below to:
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Tanesco Ltd Umeme Park,
P. O Box 9024
Dar es salaam.