Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Employer: African Barrick Gold
Duty Station: Buzwagi Gold Mine; Kahama District; Shinyanga Region.
Application Deadline: 25th Jan 2014
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Supervise daily receipts and issues in the warehouses.
• Supervise and assist in off-loading of vehicles and de-stuffing containers.
• Controlling inventory counts in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures
• Investigate all discrepancies and initiate appropriate actions.
• Address problems when possible or reports to the warehouse superintendent.
• Supervising the activities of subordinates by allocating tasks, coaching and leading.
• Ensure all materials are appropriately stored in proper bin locations.
• Management and optimisation of warehouse storage areas.
• Resolve customer queries and take appropriate actions.
• Meet and interact daily with maintenance teams, 'ensuring adequate inventory holdings in accordance with planned maintenance schedule.
• Place items on the re-order inventory schedule when required.
• Attend to any other matter considered appropriate by the incumbent supervisor.
• Controlling fuel issues (Performing daily dipping measurements and checking all fuel issue transaction entries to validate the accuracy)
• Validating the accuracy of system transactions
• Picking slip management (Reviewing all outstanding picking slips and take appropriate- actions & ensure all issued picking slips are dispatched)
• Follow site safety rules at all times.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required:
• Bachelor Degree in warehousing or materials management from an accredited institution
• Light vehicle license and forklift proficiency
• Computer knowledge
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Skills in planning, analysis and problem solving
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Effective communication skills
• Experience in mining industry is an advantage.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
Birth Certificate/Copy of traveling Passport (Compulsory)
Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
Details of previous employment;
Home address (include village / town / city where living);
Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
This position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) to: firstname.lastname@example.org