Job title: Principal Coordinator Oil and Gas
Employer: SPEDAG Interfreight (T) Limited
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 12th January 2014
- Scans the market through various sources such as newspapers, internet marketing intelligence and networking in order to identify selling opportunities.
- Developing Strategic Sales plans i.e. defining target market, outreach, relationship management, monitoring & evaluation.
- Generating sales leads to expand Spedag Interfreight product reach and profit revenues.
- Solicits for rates from the various stakeholders (principal office, branch offices, supporting departments, sub-contractors).
- Sends proposals to prospective clients.
- Intelligence gathering on customers and competitors and advice supervisor on way forward.
- Responds to RFQ, tender requests and pre-qualifications and follow up to ensure proper / positive feedback.
- Keep clients informed of new tax policies that may affect them after the readings of the budget.
- Provide professional guidance to managing the successful completion of projects.
- Compile data in regard to business transactions, transaction types, client base, and profitability so as to gauge the company performance and advice supervisor on way forward.
- Analyse client’s contracts in order to ensure that correct billing orders are given.
- Study documents on Inco-terms and pre empty any clearance delays arising due to non conformity to customs requirements/required documents stipulated on bills of lading and invoices, to ensure smooth clearance of oil and gas cargo.
- Identify causes of client loss and decreasing business volumes of existing clients in order to come up with ways of averting future client/business loss.
- Advises as well as assists in solving problems occurring in the department.
- Develop structured analysis of Spedag Interfreight (SWOT)
- Visits clients regularly and make reports and resolutions on issues noted.
- Attends to client queries and complaints.
- Improves work procedures to suit clients needs.
- Attend social gatherings / workshops in order to network increase customer contacts.
- Keeping up to date with changes in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Prepares regular monthly sales reports and submits them to the Regional Manager – Oil & Gas.
- Keeps records of quotations made in a transparent and orderly manner.
- Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Procurement and Logistics, Business Administration.
- A Post Graduate diploma in Marketing or membership of a recognized professional body i.e. Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Diploma or Certificate in Clearing and Freight Forwarding is an added advantage
· Knowledge in customs clearing and forwarding.
· 5 years experience in the Marketing Profession with a bias to Oil & Gas.
High capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
High level of interpersonal skills
Good written and oral communication skills
Ability to keep deadlines and a must requirement
Be knowledgeable about current oil and gas and general marketing theories and practices
Develop the ability to adapt to a constantly changing marketing environment
Hone communications skills
Developed skills required to analyze market metrics and other types of marketing data
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified applicants should address applications to;
The Human Resources Manager,
SPEDAG INTERFREIGHT (T)LTD,
Current curriculum vitae and a passport Photo
Copies of academic documents
Letter of application