Job Title: Program Associate, School Library
Employer: Room to Read
Application Deadline: 31st January 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate and facilitate the establishment of libraries in target schools.
- Prepare and participate in planning, implementation monitoring and support all program sites
- Liaise with school heads/government officials during surveying and implementation of the program
- Administer Needs Assessment.
- Organize logistics for GINKI and other purchased RR materials
- Keep an inventory of all RR materials
- Conduct monitoring and support visits to all RR
- Complete site visit reports
- Organize logistic for school and community meetings
- Attend and effectively all program meetings
- Enter data collected into the GSD accurately and on time.
- Represent Room to Read in all Forums and advocate for the importance of reading
- Create opportunities for communities to get involved in Room to Read activities
- Participate in all other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to meet the strategic objectives of the organization
- Gather feedback and ensure that schools and communities deliver on their portion of the challenge grant and all terms of agreement with Room to Read
- Take photos, Update the GSD, Monitor the RR, Prepare monthly reports, Deliver RR Resources to Project sites and Collaborate with DEBs offices
- Degree holder or advanced diploma in education or Librarianship respectively.
- Prior experience working with children or youth and/or working in rural areas
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government
- Knowledge on reading activities and library management and administration
- Knowledge on mentoring and couching
- Good written and spoken English
- To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Health and retirement benefits are also provided. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through gender equality and education.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email (no calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to email@example.com with Reading Room Program Associate in the subject line. Due to the anticipated high volume of applicant response, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted