Job Title: Regional Manager – Two Posts (Re-Advertised)
Employer: Tanzania Buildings Agency (TBA)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th January 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all TBA properties in the Region,
- Prepare budgets for the region,
- Prepare and submit action plans,
- Maintain a register of key customers,
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly progress reports,
- Provide consultancy services in collaboration with the Consultancy Division,
- Provide Real Estate Management services in the region,
- Represent the Chief executive at all regional and District meetings,
- Prepares and oversees programmes and budgets for the collection of Buildings inventory and conditions surveys,
- Initiates and reviews the options for dealing with emergency situations and makes recommendations as to the appropriate Agency's responses,
- Determine priorities for periodic maintenance and prepares programmes and budgets,
- Analyze unit costs in the regions as an aid to more effective resources allocations,
- Monitors contracts and force accounts performance and recommends changes to operational strategy where necessary,
- Chairs Regional working meetings,
- Prepares regular and adhoc reports for the maintenance, rent collection, plot acquisition and housing loan repayment by Public servants, and
- Perform such other duties a may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Masters Degree or Postgraduate either in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or Estate Management. Postgraduate qualifications in Management or Business Administration will be added advantage.
- Work experience of not less than ten (10) years in the building sector, two years of which should be at a managerial level. Must be a registered either in Engineer, Architect or Quantity Surveyor.
- Should possess computer knowledge.
- Should be proactive, creative, business minded and committed.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's salary scale (LSSE) 2.
NB: General Conditions
i.All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates: Postgraduate/Deg reel/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts. - Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results SliP6 will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/0/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply. .
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or a vanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 13th January, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika Utumishi wa Umma