Job Title: Project Officer-Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Employer: Global Cycle Solutions (GCS) Tanzania Ltd
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 22nd Jan 2014
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Office and Staff management
• Promotes and models a working style based on strict adherence to the organizational core values;
• Completes all performance management activities for MCT including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance agreements and assessments, Personal activity reports and provides ongoing feedback to staff.
• Assist in identifying capacity and skills gaps for MCT assigned staff and technical staff for MCT and facilitate staff capacity building initiatives using processes such as staff performance appraisal assessment and talent management assessment. This includes finding ways to motivate staff.
• Takes responsibility for new hire staff and product fellows’ orientation.
• Ensure an equitable spread of work amongst staff
Project planning and implementation:
• Ensure quality and accountability for delivering project outcomes
• With the MCT project initiative team, the PO analyzes past experiences to systematize and incorporate lessons learned into the planning process;
• Based on lesson learned and past accomplishments and achievements adjusts project targets, strategies, resources and delegation of responsibilities to ensure appropriate progress toward project initiative objectives;
• Assist in the development of quarterly and annual plans as per established project schedules
• Assists in the implementation process of all set targets planned for each phase of the product development cycles;
• Assist in the planning and execution of field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to the MCT Team in terms of adequate and inadequate progress as well as recommendations for improved performance;
• Continuously assesses projects’ initiative’s context, assumptions and changes in the working environment to ensure that the focus, strategies and activities remain relevant and to propose adjustments when needed.
• Manage and understand risks and offer problem solving advice to MCT Senior Management Team (SMT)
• The PO collaborates with Project management team to make strategic decisions and defines strategies to execute the decisions reached.
Budget and resources management:
• In collaboration with MCT team prepares activity based budgets based on value for money philosophy and ensures compliance with internal GCS financial expensing and retirement requirements;
• Ensure adherence to GCS‘s financial and administration (including property and procurement) policies and procedures.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• Maintains a database and ensure proper and effective data streams are established and maintained
• Testing and adapting, in collaboration with other MCT project team members and partners, the MCT Product development theory of change;
• The PO ensures that MCT project initiatives include an appropriate log-frame and baseline design;
• Develop and implement the initiative’s impact measurement system that includes: collection of baseline and periodic data for tracking project overall performance and decision making;
• Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual quality project progress reports for informing management and learning
• Plans and facilitates MCT quarterly project review meetings to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
• In collaboration with product development director, coordinates the implementation of project periodic and quarterly evaluations.
• Assist in formulation of most significant change repository by visiting project implementation sites to track progress, encourage recording of achievements and advise on ways to address challenges.
• Facilitate documentation of achievements, lessons learned, and promising practices. Assist staff to prepare human-interest stories.
• Organize and conduct reflective learning forums (meetings, workshops, etc.) internally and externally with MCT initiative stakeholders including government.
• Facilitate forward accountability mechanisms to monitor our program quality and impact with those we work with.
• Keep up to date with developments in assigned technical/functional area, including best practice examples and ensure ongoing personal development and learning.
• Ensure information requirements are met for all relevant stakeholders including preparation of ad-hoc reports when requested by donor
Project sustainability and development:
• The position plays a role of identifying future funding opportunities for agriculture and food security programs.
• Liaise with the CEO and DPD to work on concept notes and project and program initiative design related to agriculture, food security, climate change and health through operationalizing key approaches to women empowerment and labor saving technologies development and dissemination.
• Take part in exploring strategic funding opportunities and proactively seek to address gaps in technology development and /or access to small holder women farmers.
• Assist in building GCS capacity in understanding and responding to underlying causes of poverty and vulnerability through rapid assessment techniques that impact group/sub-population and devise strategies to address them.
• Advise on the need for any additional specialist input and oversee contracting and management of such input.
How to Apply:
• Go to http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/globalcyclesolutions and apply! (Most Preferable)
• Alternatively, send your CV and relevant certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: Only qualifying candidates will be contacted and invited for oral interviews