Job Title: Principal Architect 1-One Post (Re-Advertised)
Employer: Tanzania Buildings Agency (TBA)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th January 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze the Client's requirements on buildings projects,
- Advise and analyze the need and scope of work for various technical services,
- Organize and arrange site visit and carry out initial appraisals,
- Collaborate with other technical team of the project to analyze and prepare outline proposals for building projects,
- Preparation of the programme and presentation of the proposal for the project team meetings,
- Provide all information complete in sufficient detail and arrange for tendering for the project as advised by the Architect,
- Prepare report, schedule of work, correspondences of the project and seek the approval of the Chief Architect,
- Conduct condition surveys of existing buildings,
- Prepare project brief in collaboration with the Quantity Surveyor,
- Approve preliminary and final cost estimates of the project and contract documents,
- Develops concept of the design works as well as improve the use of materials in the Construction Industry,
- Ensure that the designed and existing built environment conform to appropriate technical specifications and standards, and
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the supervising officer from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Architecture.
- Masters Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Architecture will be an added advantage.
- Working experience of not less than seven (7) years in the related field, two years of which should be at a senior managerial level.
- Must be a registered Architect.
- Must possess computer knowledge.
- Should be proactive, creative, business minded and • committed.
- Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's salary scale TGS. I
NB: General Conditions
i.All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates: Postgraduate/Deg reel/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts. - Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results SliP6 will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/0/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply. .
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or a vanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 13th January, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika Utumishi wa Umma