Employer: African Barrick Gold
Duty Station: Buzwagi Gold Mine; Kahama District; Shinyanga Region.
Application Deadline: 25th Jan 2014
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Manage the mining operation in compliance with Tanzanian Mining (safe working) Regulations and Barrick Buzwagi Health Safety an Environmental site requirements and
• Ensure employees and contractors adhere to safety standards the exceed world industry standards and any applicable legislation an achieve Zero Lost Time Injury (LTI) Frequency Rate.
• Develop and implement mine plans to ensure optimum exploitation Buzwagi ore body.
• Manage mining operation to ensure ore is delivered to the RO stockpile at optimum cost and in a timely manner.
• Develop and implement monitoring systems and procedures to ensure all mining costs are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up and remedied.
• Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
• Continually review every aspect of the mine department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
• Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance, in order to identify and remedy substandard performance and behavior.
• Participate in the Buzwagi senior management team to ensure that targets for resources exploitation, capital. Management, cost control, safety performance, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance are achieved.
• Manage Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure progressive development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
• To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Degree in Mining Engineering or similar Technical Degree that is supported by practical work experience in mining and mine engineering
• Minimum of 10 years in large open pit hard rock mining with at least five years recent experience in gold mining industry
• Mining operation management
• Strategic and short term mine planning
• Mining equipment selection and performance
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
Birth Certificate/Copy of traveling Passport (Compulsory)
Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
Details of previous employment;
Home address (include village / town / city where living);
Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
This position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) to: email@example.com