Job Title: Child Protection Field Technical Officer¬ (One Post)
Employer: World Education Inc.
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 9th January 2014
- The Child Protection Field Technical Officer will work with Child Protection Field Technical
- Officers in organizing and coordinating Child Protection and Psychosocial Support activities of the program in Northern Zone. In general, the Child Protection Field Technical Officer will assist in the ongoing Child Protection and Psychosocial Support (CP & PSS) initiatives and acts as a resource to both WEI/Bantwana Pamoja Tuwalee program and partner organizations in implementing the program's CP and PSS strategy.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, support local Implementing Partners to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and tools to roll out the program's CP & PSS strategy. Collaborate with Child Protection and Psychosocial Support team to ensure WEI/Bantwana CP & PSS strategy is effectively being roll out to partners through training workshops, ToT workshops and on site mentoring and support supervision visits to partner organizations as needed. Participate in the strengthening and supporting Child Right Clubs models and ensure its effective implementation and provide close support supervision visits to local partners, including schools as needed.
- Provide backstopping to local partners in cross-cutting child rights and protection issues, such as school-based and community-based Child Rights Clubs, community mapping of
- CP and PSS service providers for referrals, child participation, and enforcement of their child safeguarding policies.
- At all times carry out responsibilities with due regard to WEIIBantwana commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with organization's policies and procedures and other relevant policies.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A graduate from an accredited university with a bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in child protection activities. Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing) is required. Experience working with an NGO of>-c1n international agency is required.
How to Apply :
Qualifying candidates should submit their applications by email to include (certificate copies are not required at this stage): 1) Application letter, 2) Curriculum Vitae, 3) Contact addresses including telephone numbers, email address and 4) Names and full address of three (3) referees.
Chief of Party,
World Education Inc.
P.O. Box. 6234,