Job Title: Nutrition Technical Officer - (One Post)
Employer: World Education Inc.
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 9th January 2014
- The Nutrition Technical Officer, based in Arusha, will provide overall strategic and technical direction for program nutrition initiatives and will be responsible for developing, managing and evaluating innovative, cross-cutting nutrition interventions in the Northern Zone. The Nutrition Technical Officer will provide leadership, oversight, and technical expertise in the development and implementation of Pamoja Tuwalee nutrition strategy targeting Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and community in the Northern Zone. The Nutrition Technical Officer will ensure that the WEI/Bantwana staff and partners have the information, skills and tools to adequately implement the nutrition activities. The Nutrition Technical Officer will work collaboratively with other Senior Technical Officers to ensure integrated multi-Sectoral approach wherever appropriate.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Design and develop simplified nutrition materials and simple guides to support village level most vulnerable children committees (MVCCs), health facilities, district and regional nutrition teams.
- Provide guidance and support to WEI/Bantwana staff, implementing partners and local government authorities staff at regional, district, ward and village level to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and tool to roll out nutritioQ activities under Pamoja Tuwalee program in Northern Zone.
- Support local Implementing Partners to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and tools to roll out nutrition activities and address nutrition needs among MVC households.
- Take the lead and support District Nutrition Officers and the team to design and develop nutrition materials that will promote model behaviors and attitudes among communities, in coordination with partner organizations that address malnutrition issues among MVCs.
- Collaborates with the other nutrition Implementing Partners, including public institutions and other partners to identify interventions and activities necessary for improved planning, implementation and monitoring of childhood nutrition of the most vulnerable children and their households.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A graduate from an accredited university with a Bachelor's degree in Home Economics and Human Nutrition or its equivalent. Masters degree in Home Economics and Human Nutrition will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in nutrition field while progressively responsible professional work experience in social development- preferably in child development and nutrition at community level with in depth understanding and knowledge of the Child Development and Nutrition sector.
- Experience working with an NGO or an international agency is required.
How to Apply:
Qualifying candidates should submit their applications by email to include (certificate copies are not required at this stage): 1) Application letter, 2) Curriculum Vitae, 3) Contact addresses including telephone numbers, email address and 4) Names and full address of three (3) referees.
Chief of Party,
World Education Inc.
P.O. Box. 6234,