Job Title: Head of Projects Coordination
Employer: SPEDAG Interfreight (T) Limited
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 14th January 2014
Head of Projects Coordination activities
- Monitors Project Clients files opening and their regular updates in order to ensure all documents are available and properly filed.
- Study the documents for Inco-terms and preempt any clearance delays arising due to non conformity to customs requirements/required documents stipulated on bills of lading or invoices.
- Promptly identifies problems that affect the delivery plans and ensures timely resolutions.
- Oversees timely and accurate preparation of customs documents.
- Supervise and mentoring staff to ensure performance among others through setting targets, appraisals.
- Ensures optimal usage of all operational equipment.
- Market research to gather information on applicable tax regulations.
- Pursue project leads for eventual business development
· Coordinates section activities:
· Within the section
· With other departments and sections
· With any other related office and organization
· Coordinates with various stations for updates and informs the clients on progress of cargo from time to time
· Professional guidance for successful completion of projects
· Understanding the client goals/needs, works towards meeting them
· Being able to communicate at various levels
· Being able to direct others working towards achieving the client goals
· Identifying problems and seek suitable solutions before a problem arises
· Organise the portfolio being handled to ensure that project timelines are met as per the client requirements
Monitoring the cargo
· Follows up cargo from port of origin to final destination
· Monitors safe delivery of cargo to the final destination
· Ensures all documentation is intact and accurate
Management of bid submissions
· Assist in planning, management and completion of the Bid documents in line within submission deadlines.
· Coordination of relevant teams to generate technical, contractual, cost and price inputs.
· Monitor and manage the deadlines for each tender ensuring the proposals are on track and will meet their deadline escalating issues/concerns at appropriate points.
· Assist in the provision of detailed information/reports regarding tenders
· Assist in mapping out key resource requirements and liaise with divisions to provide resources.
· To arrange and attend meetings with internal customers/ team members/other departments to explain requirements ,in order to gather information to agree deadlines
· Ensure that all tenders are properly administered by the team by following company guidelines and processes
· Produce detailed project plans for successful implementation process, assigning specific implementation tasks to functional experts.
· Ensure all new account implementations are delivered to schedule and budget in line with the agreed contract.
· Create and issue status updates to the team and relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree in Projects Management, Procurement and Logistics, Business Administration.
- Diploma or Certificate in Clearing and Freight Forwarding
- A Diploma or Certificate in Marketing or membership of a recognized professional body i.e. Chartered Institute of Marketing is an added advantage
· Knowledge in customs clearing and forwarding.
· 3 - 5 years experience in a similar position, handling several/ a specific project(s)
- High capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to keep deadlines and a must requirement
- Be knowledgeable about current oil and gas and general marketing theories and practices
- Develop the ability to adapt to a constantly changing marketing environment
- Hone communications skills
- Developed skills required to analyze market metrics and other types of marketing data
How to Apply
Suitably qualified applicants should address applications to;
The Human Resources Manager,
SPEDAG INTERFREIGHT (T) LTD,
Current curriculum vitae and a passport Photo
Copies of academic documents
Letter of application