Job Title: Manager - Internal Audit
Employer: Diamond Trust Bank Tanzania Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st January 2014
• Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit the incumbent will be responsible to set up internal controls and to manage and coordinate efforts in the administration of audit functions in the formulation, implementation and mantainance of those procedures for continuous improvement and in order to safeguard against waste, fraud and avoidable loss and to achieve efficient use and utilization of the Banks resources and assets. Supervising a team of Internal Auditor the incumbent will be expected inter alia.-
• To spearhead continuous improvements of operating systems and procedures, thus reviewing, evaluating, investigating, and advising the Senior leadership Team on appropriate systems and internal controls required in the respective departments and for the smooth and prudent financial management and running of the Bank's business.
• To formulate and put in place an effective inspection and audit administrative policy guidelines, which will regulate and stream line all audit functions as they relate to cost control, procurement, standard procedures and systems for use within the Bank.
• To undertake regular spot audit check and inspections of sensitive areas and investigate general or specific irregularities and to follow up promptly to ensure that corrective actions recommended by the BOT, internal / externall auditors are implemented and that the interest of the Bank is not compromised through any irregularities that may lead to financial loss.
• To investigate cases of irregularities fraud and to provide appropriate recommendations to management for current cases and to avoid recurrence.
• To be part of the regional inspection and audit team and may be assigned any specific duties at Kenya, Uganda, and Burundi as may be deemed appropriate by management.
• Post graduate qualification in Accounting or Finance e.g. MBA degree and any other relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA or CPA. Internal Audit certification would be an added advantage.
Experience & Competencies Required
• Minimum of 8- 10 years of practical audit experience in a commercial banking environment or a large organization at a senior level.
• A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
• Strong evaluation, communication and reporting skills.
• Able to provide advice and cause /effect evaluation to support business decision making.
• Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and ready for great challenges send your CV and Cover Letter by post to
Head Office: Diamond Trust Bank Tanzania Limited
901 Harbour View Towers, Samora Avenue
P O BOX 115
Dar es Salaam