Job Title: ICT Specialist
Employer: AVRDC- Eastern and Southern
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 28th January 2014
- The successful candidate will report to the Regional Director and provide networking, IT sect backup, and hardware and software maintenance support services.
- Set up and manage hardware, required software, security, backup/restore services and seer network access.
- Advise the Regional Director on security breaches and/or changes in security status,
- Manage and troubleshoot VPNs, LAN, WAN, routers and switches
- Set up and manage Active Directory, remote software installation and configuration, virtualization and security (including perimeters and end-point management).
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network systems to ensure smooth operation
- Coordinate with local IT service providers, and participate in the transfer and documentation knowledge.
- Maintain inventory of hardware, software and resourcel/.
- Liaise with IT staff at headquarters routinely.
- Maintain logs of required repairs and maintenance.
- Send bi-monthly reports to the Regional Director and to the Manager, Information Technology
- Services at AVRDC headquarter
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources.
- Provide network access to staff and visitors.
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal 'when appropriate.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Systems with MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) or CAN (Cisco Certified Network Associate) qualification
- The candidate is expected to have a minimum of five years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certification will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of application, clearly indicating suitability to the outlined activities and qualifications; curriculum vitae; photocopies of certificates and transcripts; and three names of professional referees including contact address, phone number and e-mail. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or;
AVRDC- Eastern and Southern
Ms. Nadine Kwazi
Information on the position can be requested by phone (+255 27 255 3093, +255272553102) or fax (+255272553125).