Job Title: Head of Country Sales
Employer: Reckitt Benckiser
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th February 2014.
We are looking for the Head of Country Sales - Tanzania whose primary objective is to lead the sales function and strategy for Tanzania, enabling Reckitt Benckiser to execute business growth plans and be capable of delivering the planned net revenue, company operating profit and net working capital on a consistent basis.
Job Purpose: The position holder is directly responsible for all aspects of sales, customer management and trade marketing in Tanzania. This includes developing and delivering against sales plans for each business channel, implementation of trade terms and accountability for trade spend.
• Develop strategy on how to build the business with key customers and implement
• Lead the development and implementation of the annual sales plans
• Develop trade agreements/ terms by customer that leads to maximum volume, profit, customer satisfaction and product availability at appropriate cost
• Ensure superior 4P execution in alignment to the company’s success models
• Develop and apply trade marketing tools and techniques
• Partner with the marketing organization to develop business plans for new brands and categories being introduced into the country portfolio
• Initiate, evaluate and improve return on investment (ROI) for the trade spending
• Sales forecasting
• Review sales results monthly and initiate appropriate action steps to deliver the targets
• Lead and motivate the sales force to achieve excellent customer relationships and business results
• Coach and develop key talent within sales organization
• Business degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
• Minimum 7 years experience in sales within an FMCG environment
• Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
• Experience of managing and leading sales teams
• Personal Profile
• Experience of leading a team
• Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
• Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
• Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
• Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
• Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
• Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
• The business language in Reckitt Benckiser is English, therefore fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other language(s) is advantageous
How to Apply:
Send your application including a covering letter and detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 7th February 2014.
P O Box 6416,
Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted!
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.