Sunday, 26 January 2014
Finance Officer Jobs at Pact Tanzania
Job Title: Finance Officer (Grants)
Employer: Pact Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 07th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work as part of a team to implement Pact Tanzania sub-grant activities accordance with worldwide Pact's policies and procedures, and to ensure funds set aside for further distribution in the form of grants to other organizations are used in line with the purposes intended by the donors
• Participate in the grant cycle processes from the time of solicitations are issued, through the receipt, evaluation, review, award decision; grant issuance, reporting and monitoring and close out of activities
• On assigned grantees/partners receive and review monthly financial reports from them against sub-agreement budgets, program reports, and deliverables as well as supporting documentation to check for allowability, allocability and reasonability
• Conduct site visits to provide grant and financial management technical assistance and document site visit findings and issues
• Work closely with Pact Tanzania finance and other staff members in the compilation of data and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Receive advance requests from assigned grantees and review them for correctness vis-a-vis the budget, past month's spending and future obligation requirements
• Receive and review monthly financial reports from assigned grantees against program reports, budgets and deliverables as well as supporting documentation to check for allowability, allocability and reasonability
• Prepare modifications to awards and update special provisions, whenever necessary, Prepare close out documentation and provide assistance to sub-grantees on close out process.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce: or holder of Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
• NBAA Intermediate Stage Module For higher modules will be an added advantage.
• At least three years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, including at least one year working with non-profit organizations and international donors
• Knowledge and familiarity with donors' rules and regulations, especially USAID
• Prior experience working with sub-grants and awards will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili, Excellent attention to detail,
• Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications, Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
• Analytical and report presentation skills and Strong training and capacity building skills.
How to Apply:
Please refer to our website link below for detailed job descriptions of the above positions.
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position and curriculum vitae detailing your experience with three referees to humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org:
Pact Tanzania, 74 Uporoto Street Victoria
P.O. Box 6348,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania