Job Title: Field Assistant (3 Posts)
Employer: Unilever Tea Tanzania Ltd
Duty Station: Iringa
Application Deadline: 02nd February 2014
Duties and responsibilities of Field Assistant
- Manage Estate Division to the highest agricultural standards and improve productivity through
- Expansion and sustenance of mechanical harvesting operations by having best practises of harvesting, post harvest handling and identification of potential MH fields.
- Plan and oversee day to day operations by supervising hand plucking ,harvesting personnel to ensure acceptable standards of green leaf quality is harvested and well handled to the factory.
- Plan and execute the estate division annual agricultural practise, pruning and fertilizer application.
- Ensure the division administration is managed by providing periodical crop forecast, validation of payroll input/output, payments of employees and the entire financial expenditure is within the budget.
- Implement SHEQ/RA policy in the estate division by ensuring the highest standards are applied in line with the company guidelines, conduct on the job training for the personnel in SHE frame work standards, RA and HACCP standards.
- Manage the estate division industrial/employee relations and CSR, conduct disciplinary cases as per the CBA /employment act and company disciplinary procedure. Enhance good co-existence amongst workers and the neighbouring community.
- Manage the division infrastructure and conservancy to the required standards; fully embed best practises in Rainforest alliance.
- Deliver the business targets aligned to Business strategy, jobs to be done (JTBD) and enhance performance culture through business transformation.
- Interfaces with many roles e.g. Factories, Finance, HRBP, Unions, Legal, etc
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Crop Production and Field Operations
- Sourcing - raw materials of agricultural origin
- Plant Breeding - tea nurseries
- Infrastructure Management
- Project Management/Information Technology
- Industrial Relations/Employee Relations
- Diploma or Graduate in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering or Bachelor of Science.
- 2 Years experience.
How to Apply:
All applications should be sent to the address below on or before 02nd February 2014 .Eligible candidates are required to submit detailed CV with names of three referees and an application letter.
Service Delivery Specialist
Unilever Tea Tanzania Ltd
Iringa - Mufindi