Job Title: Program Officer, Community Linkage
Employer: Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Duty Station: Shinyanga
Application Deadline: 31st January 2014
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Share experiences of implementing community linkages with AGPAHI Staff and other implementing partners
- Work with program officers to facilitate networks and linkages between the sub-grantees with potential Organization that are involved in supporting PLHIV (in cancelling, nutrition and income generating programs) in the project sites
- Work with the sites to strengthen linkages within different departments and programs of the health facilities
- Represent the Organization in different collaboration meetings between government and other NGOs that focus on strengthening continuum of care in the community.
- Provide mentorship on community linkage related activities to staff and service providers at AGPAHI supported sites.
- Strengthen capacity of partners and PLHIV support groups in improving community linkages
- Conduct routine site visits for technical support and improvement of performance in related program areas
- Provide technical support in best approaches for improving referrals and follow – up of clients in the community
- Work closely with Senior Program Officer, Communication & Community Outreach; Participate in development and transition of IEC materials for community support.
- Organize trainings for counselors in the AGPAHI supported sites
- Monitor implementations of community linkage activities by the sub grantees
- Initiate regional meetings for HIV/AIDs partners to increase networking in the AGPAHI supported areas
- Participate in preparation and planning for different AGPAHI community based meetings
- Together with Senior Program Officer, Communication & Community Outreach, take leadership in identifying Organization community success stories for publications
- Compile and prepare monthly, quarterly , semi-annual and annual programmatic report on community linkage activities
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and ability
Advance Diploma, Degree or equivalent, (in Social Sciences or Community Development) preferably with Master’s degree relevant to the position
Preference will be given to the following:
Knowledge in HIV/AIDS and the Tanzania Government structures
Proven experience in working with rural communities in problem identification, setting solutions/planning and implementation.
How to Apply:
Submissions may be sent to:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, AGPAHI
Street, East Upanga