Job Title: Business Director
Employer: Sega Girls Secondary School
Duty Station: Morogoro
Application Deadline: 19th March 2014
Secondary Education for Girls’ Advancement (SEGA) seeks an entrepreneurial, highly experienced and committed Business Director to lead The Sega Girls School to financial sustainability through developing and overseeing management of profitable businesses that also provide opportunities for students’ engagement and entrepreneurial learning. The Sega Girls School, a secondary residential school for girls in Morogoro, Tanzania started in 2008, provides quality academic, life skills and business education to 150 vulnerable girls from Standard VII through Form IV. The vision of the school is to be a financially self-sufficient model school for educating vulnerable girls. The overall purpose of helping girls gain the skills and credentials needed to lead financially independent, fulfilling lives free from poverty.
With a successful track record and a supportive network of donors and supporters both within Tanzania and around the world, our aim is to become financially self-sufficient over the next 5 years through running our own businesses.
SEGA seeks a Business Director with the following experience and attributes for this challenging and fulfilling post:
Qualifications and Experience
• Higher degree (master’s preferred) in business administration, or relevant field
• A minimum of 5 years experience in running your own profitable business, or equivalent experience at senior management level within a business
• Excellent skills in financial and business management, marketing, and entrepreneurship
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders of all nationalities and cultures
Personal Interests and Attributes
• Values consistent with the mission of the organization—serving vulnerable girls through quality, relevant education and a ‘learning by doing’ approach in a safe setting: Committed to self-sustaining school goals
• High integrity
• Willingness to make a minimum commitment of 2 years (3 years preferred)
• Proven experience and ability to thrive in African setting—significant experience in Tanzania preferred.
• Position is open to both national and international candidates
• Research, identify, plan for, and establish school run businesses with support from Executive Director, staff, donors, and other stakeholders
• Assist School to engage students in the businesses and support development of participatory learning modules based on campus businesses to facilitate “learning by doing” approach to entrepreneurial skills development
• Liaise with partner organization(s) to effectively achieve our goals
• Oversee and ensure smooth running of existing and new businesses (supervises poultry farm staff of existing campus poultry business), providing monthly profit and loss statements to Executive Director
• Develop a strong marketing unit and supports staff and students to gain skills in marketing
• Support and advise school to operate efficiently
How to Apply:
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, and three references to Founder/Director, Sega Girls School at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 28th, 2014.
Please DO NOT send Certificates. Only CV and Cover letter.