Sunday, 26 January 2014
Business Development Services Coordinator Jobs at GVEP Tanzania
Job Title: Business Development Services Coordinator
Duty Station: Mwanza
Application Deadline: 30th January 2014
• Coordinating the recruitment of solar phone charging enterprises/entrepreneurs, solar PV equipment retailers and suppliers under the programme;
• Conducting needs assessments of the engaged enterprises to identify gaps in knowledge and where further support is required.
• Organising and delivering business development training to entrepreneurs under the programme
• Coordinating and monitoring the mentoring of entrepreneurs to ensure they receive relevant and adequate advisory services to meet their business development targets.
• Ensuring enterprises have full and adequate business plans for the duration of the program which detail enterprise growth targets and identify investment requirements.
• Supporting the Loan Guarantee Fund team in assessing businesses for financing and monitoring the disbursed loans to ensure they are used for the intended purposes and repayments are made on time.
• Coordinating and monitoring the collection of data for monitoring and evaluation purposes including enterprises sales data, loan disbursement and repayment data and business development activities conducted.
• Supporting entrepreneurs to engage in promotional activities create new market linkages and expand their market reach.
• Oversee implementation of health and safety guidelines in the supported enterprises and in delivering the mentoring services by the Regional Business and Technology Mentors.
• Inputting into programme reporting and assisting programme management in other activities as and when necessary.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as economics, management or commerce.
• A strong background in finance, business planning and marketing spanning five years or more.
• Experience working with small business in East Africa, developing business plans and micro finance.
• Have participated in organising and delivering business trainings, networking events and other promotional activities.
• Experience of data collection, developing forms and guidelines for business and program reporting.
• Developed leadership skills – ability to manage a team, develop work plans, monitor progress and provide targeted feedback.
• Good team working and motivational skills with an ability to work with business and technology professionals and deliver.
• A good communicator with advanced oral and written skills.
• A can-do and collaborative mindset – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving environment.
• Knowledge of the household energy sector and energy technologies would be an advantage.
• Experience working with donor funded or renewable energy projects would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates should send in their cover letters and detailed CVs, names of three referees, their telephone contacts and email addresses via email only to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 30th January, 2014.