Job Title: Paid Intern Placements (25)
DOT is a leading international social enterprise headquartered in
local operations in 14 countries around the globe, including Tanzania.
is seeking to recruit 25 university and college graduates who are enthusiastic
about change, passionate about developing their communities, and who love
This internship is a 12-month placement opportunity in your community where you will deliver DOT's economic empowerment program, ReachUp!. This deployment is
a fulltime commitment from which successful Interns will receive a monthly stipend as well as transportation and communication allowances.
- DOT Tanzania Interns will have the unique opportunity to work with a dynamic organization to sharpen their skills and prepare for future careers, whilst working within their communities facilitating DOT programs.
- DOT Interns will undergo a six-week intensive online and face to face training to prepare them to deliver DOT's ReachUp! program. They will be placed in their home communities to facilitate DOT programs and coach DOT beneficiaries into employment, business and education opportunities. Throughout their placement
- DOT Interns continue to receive professional development opportunities and are equipped to enter the workforce as talented, experienced, and in-demand professionals.
After successful completion of this placement interns will:
- Become more professionally responsible, accountable and productive;
- Acquire skills that employers are looking for in their prospective employees;
- Be proficiency with ICT and experience using technology for educational,
- social and economic development and
- Discover many opportunities in entrepreneurship and/or the career path you wish to pursue.
Requirements for DOT Tanzania Internship opportunities:
- Must be self motivated Tanzanian;
- Between the age of 21 and 29 years;
- Be a fresh university or college graduate; graduated between 2011 - 2014,
- Be technology savvy;
- Be able to commit to DOT Tanzania Internship for a 12 month full-time position;
- Have leadership and research skills;
- Have passion in serving the local communities;
- Can fluently communicate in Swahili and English.
How to Apply
To apply for this Internship opportunity, all candidates must successfully complete
a short online learning module that will provide an overview of the position.
If you have read the above description and feel that you are a qualified candidate,
please apply through the following steps:
1. Go to http://moodle.dotrust.org;
2. "Create new account" for yourself in DOT's online learning system;
3. You'll receive a confirmation email with a link. Please click on that link to
confirm your account;
4. Find and click on the course "Introduction to Digital Opportunity Trust"
5. Enter the Enrolment key: tz2014-01-01
6. Click the "Enrol me" button
7. Follow the steps in the course
If you are having trouble accessing the online course, you may alternatively submit
your CV directly through the online application form.
If you have questions about the application process, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, "DOT
Call: Alexander Mkumbo: +255 785 252672
Diana Niinsima: +255 767 244902
Deadline: 23:59HRS (East African Time) Friday 7th February 2014