Job Title: Fundraising Consultant
Employer: SOS Children's Villages
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th December 2013
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an indigenous non government organisation affiliated to SOS Children's Villages International, a worldwide child care organisation that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is currently looking for the highly qualified and competent individual Consultant for fundraising activities for both
mainland and Zanzibar.
The successful candidate will be given a one year contract; its renewal will be
based on the fundraising output of the first year performance contract.
Scope of work:
- Consultant shall work on behalf of the organization to provide the advisory and technical support for the organization's best opportunities and sources of fund.
- The consultant shall be responsible on drafting and submitting proposal to different potential donors such as foundations, cooperates and commercial entities.
- Consultant's services shall also include the design, production and placement of art work, media advertisement and other promotional collateral materials for fundraising purpose.
- Consultant shall provide organization with a written report on each month detailing activities on organization's behalf, and to inform organization the progress.
Academic Qualification skills & Experiences:
- Degree or master level in field such as social sciences, Public Relations, project management or related field desired. Strong proven professional fund raising background and experience for NGOs, CSOs, or any private sector on sourcing fund of not less than 3 years.
- Experience on donor relations and knowledge of funding requirements, particularly with donor agencies.
- Excellent ability to work cross-organizationally with multiple stakeholders in realization of shared goals for fundraising purposes.
- Proactive, inquisitive and tenacious in identifying and pursuing new grant funding opportunities.
- Good project management skills and background, able to work on multiple tasks and prioritize these to meet deadlines Competent and experienced in building partnership, brand development and visibility which will help to position SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania as a strong and consistent partner in responding to the needs of Most Vulnerable children in Tanzania.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills. Age limit: 33 -40 yrs
How to Apply:
To apply for any of the position, send your cover letter by email or postal address including the individual suitability for the post, CV providing evidence of qualifications and experience, including previous work, three professional or academic references (including phone number and email). All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.