Job Title: Family Strengthening Programme Coordinator (FSPC)
Employer: SOS Children's Villages
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 16th December 2013
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an indigenous non government organisation affiliated to SOS Children's Villages International, a worldwide child care organisation that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
Required Qualification/Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in community development related social sciences/disciplines such as social work, sociology, development studies, rural development, etc.
- At least 3 years' experience in implementing community development or OVC support programme.
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming and management of CBOs.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Computer literate.
- Possession of a driving license will be an added advantage.
Scope of work
The FSP Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the established and running of the Family Strengthening
Programme in Arusha, which includes planning ,empowering the families to effectively protect and care for their children in a sustainable way. To ensure the setting up and implementation of appropriate and effective financial intemal control, monitoring and evaluation systems of the FSP Programme.
- Responsible for implementing the Family Strengthening programme and its overall management
- Lead Programme the annual Planning and budgeting
- Establish effective Networking and Partnerships with the community, local authorities and other service providers
- Establish mechanisms for and undertake ongoing monitoring & evaluation of the programmes' activities
- Prepare progress reports and annual report to the National FSP Coordinator on programme interventions
How to Apply:
To apply for any of the position, send your cover letter by email or postal address including the individual suitability for the post, CV providing evidence of qualifications and experience, including previous work, three professional or academic references (including phone number and email). All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.