Employer: THPS International
Duty Station: Zanzibar Regional Office
Application Deadline: 27th Nov 2013
• Work with the HIV care and treatment team lead at ZACP to ensure provision of direct technical assistance to health care facilities supported by ZACP such as; site start up and development, training staff in the clinical management of individuals with HIV/AIDS, clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, improvement of referral systems, etc.
• Assist health care providers at designated points of service in case finding and strengthening entry points in order to increase the number of referrals to the ARV units, from PMTCT, VCT and OPD and IPD and outreach services.
• Provide direct technical assistance to Clinicians and counselors working at ZACP supported sites as per need.
• Implement creatively efforts to support improved pediatric AIDS services, identification and support, PITC and Good Clinical Practice to PLHIV.
• Support ZACP and Zanzibar Drug Control Commission in the establishment of comprehensive KPs friendly HIV prevention, care and treatment services at the identified sites outside the clinical settings.
• Support ZACP to implement adherence strategies in health facilities and effective linkages of PLHIV from all entry points including KPs, PMTCT to care and treatment and support groups
• Provide TA to ZACP to ensure integration between TB and HIV services such that there is TB intensified case identification, infection control within CTC.
• Work with relevant focal persons at ZACP to ensure roll out of Isoniazid Preventive Therapy (IPT) as per MOHSW plan
• Ensure that HIV clinical care activities at ZACP service delivery sites conform to the Tanzanian national guidelines and that target are met.
• Work with THPS central technical team to support ZACP to develop and disseminate materials related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment, including clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms; job aides and other necessary tools as deemed necessary.
• Compile monthly and quarterly program implementation reports with timely submission to ZACP and the donor.
• Work with the ME officer in Zanzibar and Zanzibar Program manager to ensure quality program Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
• Provide biannual feedback on program progress to Zanzibar Program Manager.
• Participate in THPS and its sub grantees in Zanzibar annual work plan development process
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Zanzibar Program Manager and other supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience:
• MD with Post graduate degree in Medicine, Child Health
• MPH or equivalent/public health training is desirable.
• At least three years’ experience in working in HIV care and treatment
• Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS
• Experience working in collaboration with local government partners (R/CHMTS) and NGOs.
• Excellent team orientation, openness, responsiveness and conflict management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent English and Swahili oral/written communication
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum, through email with a subject line of the position you are applying for e.g.:-Sub-Grants Officer to HR@thps.or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.